Hi! My name is Jenn and I’m not a writer, fitness trainer, or nutritionist. I assure you I don’t have all the answers, but my goal is to share what has worked for me and what inspires me along own my journey to wellness.
I’m in my late 30’s and as a result starting to think more about aging – particularly doing so gracefully and in as much control as possible because lets face it I’m a control freak! With rising cholesterol numbers, a scale that seemed stuck at the same number for years, and a global pandemic , let’s just say that health and wellness have become a huge focus of mine.
A little about me:
• I’m a Jesus follower and wouldn’t be where I am without the power of prayer and the comfort of knowing I’m a child of God.
• My husband and I both went to the same college at the same time but didn’t meet until after graduation. Our favorite thing to do together is travel the world- so far we’re at 19 countries.
• I’m a mom of two young children, but thankfully out of the diapers phase.
• I have my Bachelor’s degree in Marketing with a minor is Psychology.
• My career started in the fashion retail, buying, and ecommerce business before I decided to stay home when my second child was born.
• Texas girl, born and bred. We currently live in the Dallas suburbs.
• I’m a perfectionist.
• I’m also a huge worrier.
• I’m not a morning person. I also don’t drink coffee (ever!) but I do drink a lot of unsweet iced tea.
• When I’m not blogging, I enjoy running or taking a Broadway Fit dance class, Netflix, having a glass of wine with friends, listening to worship music, baking, reading a good book, or hiking with my family.
About this blog
After digesting tons of self-improvement books and podcasts and setting some audacious goals, I completed a half-marathon in October 2020. When friends and family kept asking me “What’s next?,” I realized that I didn’t really want to run more miles, but what I did want to do was to help others feel that amazing feeling of achieving a goal you didn’t think was possible and wasn’t even on your radar a year before.
This blog is my way of doing that…passing on how I gained strength and confidence, achieved my goals, and continue looking for new ways to stay energized day in and day out.
Self care is my Superpower is a space to empower you to ask the hard questions of yourselves and make small changes for lifelong wellbeing. I want to push past the ideas of just claiming “me time” or pampering yourself and dig deep into the habits and choices that give us the skills to make us influential in whatever our sphere in life is.
My goal is to show my readers that if I can do it, you can do it too. I loved teaching and training in some of past career endeavors and realize my blog is an extension of that. I hope that my articles are easy to follow and encourage you to make small steps to change for a better you!
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. -3 John 1:2
Keep in touch!
I’d love to hear from you! f you ever have any questions please feel free to ask. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.